Saturday, September 27, 2008

I hear Christmas is coming...

So this will be my first Christmas/Holiday season on etsy.com, and I'm very excited to see how things go! I know I have heard a lot of rumbling about the holiday season in the etsy community (namely the forums, where I lurk) and it seems like sales usually go either 1 of 2 ways. You're either caught completely off-guard and end up scrambling around for a good 2 month period. Or nothing much changes. Last year, Christmas on just my website was quite bustling, but it was pretty perfectly balanced between too busy and not busy enough. So I'm hoping that will also be the case this year with the addition of my etsy shoppe. But only time will tell.

People probably think I'm crazy to start thinking about Christmas already, but I would always rather be well-prepared then run around doing the scrambling thing. As a favourite character on Dead Like Me once said (and I'm paraphrasing here): "I'm always early for everything so I never have to run. People who run look stupid." "What about runners?" "Especially runners." So yeah, my thoughts exactly, Daisy Adair. ;)

So to prepare for the holidays, today I made about a million little tags, and stamped all my address labels. It was calming repetitive work, and maybe I'm crazy for liking that, but it's just what I enjoy. I think I'm just procrastinating because I should be knitting a Jayne hats "just in case" I start getting an influx of Jayne hat orders. but heck, I don't want to be too optimistic.

No comments: