Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Beyond the status quo

It's funny: just when you start hoping things will pick up, they do, and then you start hoping that things will settle down. Or maybe it's just a case of never being satisfied with the status quo? Perhaps.

Mostly I've been busy shipping hats, which involves the very fun "trip to the post office." It seems like in the past month every time I stop by the post office after work there's a line. All summer long it was like a ghost-town, but now it's starting to pick up. It makes me wonder if people are getting ready for xmas already. And that scares me a bit, cuz I know I said I like to be prepared, but I feel like I'm falling behind already. Like I should have dozens of hats knit up and waiting for the rush that is sure to come. Maybe I'm being paranoid (it's entirely possible).

So I decided that I need to step up my hat-production. Which sadly, sigh, means more TV watching (Pushing Daisies starts tonight! I can't wait! But I guess I've already missed Chuck. Oh well). 'Tis the season, as they say. So if you need me, I'll be on the couch, staring at the boob-tube, anticipating xmas.

No comments: